Mar 31, 2010

Critically Queer ~ Judith Butler

I was listening to Prof Anis's lecture (MU) who adopted Queer Theory as his example. It triggers a need inside of me, to explore feminism, a terminology which I always find myself uncomfortable with. I am one of those females who think feminist movement is big BS!!! No joke! As wisely said by my female friend N(ya), "Gender is not an issue. We are not feminist. We are humanist."

Well, this is going to be a queery + explorative journey, and I believe that none of us (performative human being as described by Butler) should use Queer Theory as a temporary refuge for our abnormality because:

To be abnormal is very normal in Queer Theory!!!
Even an outcast is normal. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...